Wishful Thinking

Monday, November 02, 2009

Who?

So I'll tell you about a friend of mine.

Last night she suddenly said hi to me on YM. She rarely greets me first, ever since she found a boyfriend. It was nice to chat with her again. But one thing that I didn't know, was that she was kinda in a bad mood. Well, please don't blame me for being so insensitive, but we were chatting. How was I supposed to know when we weren't even face to face?

Let's make it short. So she was telling me about how her boyfriend was so immature and didn't have enough patience. It all came to her saying to me, "I hate him for always telling me what to do. I want my freedom of speech too."

So I told her that I'd be angry too if my girlfriend wouldn't listen to me. My friend quickly replied, "you're just like him. That means you're a dictator."

The word dictator kinda shocked me. So I took a deep breath, and said, "well I never pushed anyone to do exactly as I told them to. Even my ex-girlfriends, I always told them it's up to them."

And guess what? My friend said, "you're just like him. Very much. He always told me 'up to you'. Why can't you guys have some say on things, state clearly what you want."

I laughed out loud, and copied and pasted her previous words. I told her, "okay, you just said that you don't want to be dictated, but when he said 'up to you', you want him to tell you what he really wants?"
And I gave her a last question : "what is it exactly that you want?"

Aaaand......I ended up getting scolded, for things I know nothing about. Mainly because she was still angry at her bf, I think. Here's the last thing she said, "you're just like him. Always asking me what is it that I want. Why can't he know what I want? He's supposed to know me well enough, he's my bf!"

And that made me silent. I started to realize, that it was never about me. She was venting her anger toward me. Ouch. And she was the one who started the conversation......

Luckily, Yahoo signed me out by itself. When I went online again, she was already offline. Oh well, save me the energy to calm her. So I just continue chatting with another friend. But... I'll save it for the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home