Wishful Thinking

Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Balance (part I)

"Wake up"

"Stop dreaming"

"Stop it!"

I can't no longer hear his voices...

Hey, Kid...

Where are you...?

Every morning, I keep waking up with the feeling that a new day has begun.
That someday, I will feel like I'm a brand new person.

The voices... The voice of the boy.
I keep hearing it, faintly...
But not clear enough...
I keep getting the feeling that he's trying to tell me something.

Where are you...??

I'm losing my way...
The path that I once thought would always be there for me.
It's slowly fading.

Hey, Kid...

"What?"

I need you, I need to talk to you again.

"Why?"

I don't know...
I keep trying, I keep looking, I keep asking.
Why, that's the one word I keep mumbling to myself.
I need to have the answer.

If I don't ask it, I feel that I might grow a little.
Stop asking, that's what I've always told myself.

I'm tired...

"I know"

Then help me...

"I can't"

Why...?

"That again?"

I'm sorry. I've been doing my best. But I don't think it's good enough.
Not good enough, for me, for you, for everyone around me, around us.

"Grow up"

I KNOW!!!

"...."

I'm sorry...
Everyone's been telling me that. I'm tired. You know that, don't you?
You're the one who knows me best.

"So?"

Help me.

"Can't. Won't."

Please... I hate this...
I keep getting the feeling, that something else is growing inside of me.

"I know."

Then why don't you do something about it? You said you'd accompany me!
I'm losing my sanity here... I'm losing my balance.

"You're not."

Are you leaving me? I need you to keep me sane, keep me balanced.

"It's growing."

What?
What is growing?
I can only feel it, but I don't know what it is...
Tell me...
TELL ME WHAT IT IS!!!

"Soon, you'll know"

.....
His voice was weakened.
I cannot hold it.
The darkness.
The consciousness.
And everything is beginning to become clouded.
I need an answer...

But I think I know.
Deep inside I know.
My sole existence is already a question.

I'm starting to lose sight.
Everything's blurry.

"It's here."

What...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home